[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Background for an allied list.... - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:04 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:48 pm 

Grand Master Hugh sat at his desk in a study devoid of any personal items. There was nothing in the room that would allow a casual observer to know anything of the man that spent many of his hours sitting at the desk. The Grand Master felt uncomfortable while he studied the Vox in front of him. Due to an injury he received recently he was unable to wear his battle armor. He felt vulnerable with out it.
A low buzz told him that someone was waiting at the office door for his acknowledgment. Though he knew they were there before they pushed the bell, and even who it was. His heightened senses telling him ten full seconds before they reached his open door that they were on the way. Still he stood, turned to the door and said, “Please come in, Canoness.â€

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:51 pm 

I like it very short, nicely open ended so you can use it for whatever scenario/campaign/tournament you want. Though I doubt a rib injury would stop you wearing power armour (it being supportive and enhancing n all rather then a dead weight)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:26 pm 

The rib injury was the best I could think of at the time. You're right though, it does seem a bit too minor.

Esentially I was looking for something that was big enough to stop a Grand Master from taking the field, but not enough to totally incapacitate him.......

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:37 pm 

If you want him not to have armour maybe wounds inflited upon his black carapace neural sockets from high velocity shrapnel, or his armour being so damaged it needs weeks to repair, and the wearer like wise (lots of minor injuries rather then one big one)

Thats all I got as to stop him getting into the field he's going to be either dead or as close to as possible (and even then he'd still go out)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:12 pm 

Sounds good. What chapter is it for? A Black Templar Successor Chapter?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:23 pm 

“That, I believe, is the reason the Black Templar’s are in need of assistance. They were not expecting so much resistance and thus their numbers are too low to suppress the uprising. If the weapons used were black powder, there would have been little to concern them with.â€

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:12 pm 

So it's for grey K-nig-hits? :lol:

Interesting. I like it. Keep it up. Slipping in the army list was a nice touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:29 am 

Nice, good way to sneakily insert your army list (I may nick the idea 8) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:23 am 

Thanks all for the input. That is all I really have at the moment. Though I did forget to put in the intro, which explained why the GK's and S.o.B.'s where on the same ship together.

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:33 pm 

I'm guessing because the Sisters were heading to Terra on a pilgrimage, while the Grey K-nig-hits (Ah, Monty Python...) just happened to be going the same way, & basically said to the Sisters "hey, you know, we could actually give you a ride. Road trip!!" (exact wording :lol: ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:07 am 

Quote:
I'm guessing because the Sisters were heading to Terra on a pilgrimage, while the Grey K-nig-hits (Ah, Monty Python...) just happened to be going the same way, & basically said to the Sisters "hey, you know, we could actually give you a ride. Road trip!!" (exact wording :lol: ).
Essentially, yes. The wording is slightly different but yeah.

hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:58 pm 

I have finally made some sort of effort to extend this story (fluff maybe a better word, perhaps?)
I have had three blessed weeks of holidays, and only now just done something to it all. If anything is to follow this, it will more or less be - obviously - battle orienated. I can't think of anything at the moment, perhaps seeing some of the games during conflict may get the proverbial juices flowing. Let me know what you think.

Time passed in its usual stately march to where ever its destination lies. The time had arrived for the Canoness and the Grand Master to lead their respective troops through their pre-battle rituals. Power armor had been checked and blessed. Weapons were loaded with blessed ammunition. The halls of the cruiser rang out with pre-battle hymns. The solemn baritone of the Grey Knights weaving a counter-melody to the soaring soprano of the Sisters of Battle. They sang not only for the blessing of the God-Emperor to lead their way through the coming battle, they also remembered those who were no longer there to join them in song.
The inter-com Vox link opened into the helmet of the Canoness and the Grand Master. “My Lord, My Lady, we are in position and ready to launch the thunder-hawks.â€

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:47 pm 

...And the rollercoaster begins 8)
Not bad. Keep it coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:04 pm 

Yay, finally did some more......

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

Marshal Ryhan muttered to himself over the poor reception on the Vox transmission he thought he had received from the orbital far above his head. Was it wishful thinking that he would be receiving back up? The chances of that actually happening was fairly remote he mused to himself as he took the quite chance to look around him in the small lull in the battle. Most of the weaponry he had left at his disposal were long range heavy weapons. Blast it all, to make proper use of them he needed room to move, time enough to dig his team in.
He walked around his troops shouting commands, quietly murmuring words of encouragement into wearing ears. He could not count on his hopes coming true. Hope for the best, plan for the worst, do ones best whatever situation one finds oneself in.
The general he was facing didn’t have any real tactical knowledge but they had numbers which where being thrown at the Black Templars in the hope to drown them in a tide of humanity. The bolters that belonged to those the enemy who died provided much needed ammunition when ever it could be salvaged.
Ryhan was made proud of his troops, they fought well but now they were getting worn down slowly. He himself was getting tired enough that he wasn’t convinced that he had heard something entering the atmosphere, it was right on the edge of hearing, far enough away that it could be confused with a dozen other things. A few moments later the screaming roar of two thunderhawks could be heard, and then the ground started to shudder under pressure of the backwash. Many under Ryhans command almost wept with relief when they realized what was happening and took heart at the sight of their saviours. As many looked up they saw one slow down far enough to unload some of its passengers. Six Seraphim lived up to their name of angels as they used their jump packs to drop safely to the ground and waded their way through to the Templars.
When Sister Katherine made her way to Ryhan and made small salute and then said. “Greetings Marshal, I bring news of reinforcements. We have three units each of Grey Knights and my battle sisters are heading to the rear of this rabble, all under the command of my Canoness.â€

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:47 pm 

Ah yes, a little back up never hurts. Nice work. I like reading this stuff...