[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Da Merfenariz ! - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:12 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: Da Merfenariz !
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:29 pm 

Small fluff for a possible blood axe army :D enjoy ^^

Captain Jorgenson climbed the down ladder into the bunker. A young man in the uniform of a lieutenant looked up from a screen when he heard the noise of the captain's boots on the ladder.
“ How are things looking, Captain?â€

Last edited by Suicidal-Rabbit on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:34 pm 

I quite like it, haven't seen much of the blood axes lately (there my favourite clan), very orky and funny go for it I say
though I can see why the lieutenant may report his superior :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:17 am 

I might write a follow up to describe what happened afterwards :D
anyway I think that would be a fun list to do so I might draw it up one day ^^ gonna have to get the IG codex though first :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:14 am 

WOW thats alot of speech... Good stuff man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:24 am 

thanks ;) I've done a quick list now http://www.westgamer.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=24516

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:38 pm 

I like, I like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:48 pm 

woot second part :)

The Captain and the Lieutenant stepped outside. Before them lay what was left of the base after the last week's clash with the bloodthirster. Most of the buildings had been hit in a way or another, either by the demon or the weapons of his men, who had finally managed to destroy the beast, pounding it with countless heavy weapons, and the defencive mechanisms of the base. It had taken most of the week after that to clean the blood off the walls, and the men's morale was at it's lowest since the beginning of the conflict, the only thing keeping them going on being his promise of imminent help. Now he was about to tell them that help had arrived, though not the sort they were expecting. He wondered for a moment how to formulate what he was going to say, then climbed on a table and kicked a metal pot that was on it, sending it flying across the courtyard and crashing in to a nearby bunker wall. The noise rolled through the courtyard and the men looked up to see what was happening. The Captain took in a deep breath then shouted:
“Men ! I want all of you assembled in the courtyard now ! I have an important annnouncement to make. Bring the wounded here too, they need to hear this as does everybody else.â€

Last edited by Suicidal-Rabbit on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:12 pm 

That should have the troops a little confused.

"Help has arived, we shall destroy the Chaos threat! Our reenforcements are on their way here as we speak! The Emperor protects Oh, & by the way, our reenforcements just happen to be Ork mercenaries. The Emperor has delivered us these warriors to help us defend this planet..."

An interesting twist I must admit, though I can see it happening. Imperial Guard, in desperate need of help, Orks, looking for a good fight & maybe some extra toys...

I like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:16 pm 

man, loving the story, please post the rest up soon, man, it's like a tv show you enjoy, it get to a good bit then all of a sudden the show's done foir the night, aaaaah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 pm 

thanks guys ;)
dum dum dum ^^ Part 3 !

The dust slowly dropped. The few guardsmen who hadn't figured out who their helpers were yet gasped, the younger recruits hanging tensely to their rifles, while the veterans had obviously recognised the ork as a blood axe, and although they were looking far from comfortable they were visibly less affected. Silence reigned over the courtyard, the guardsmen watching the ork who was visibly amused by all this. The Captain decided to act before things got out of hand. He stepped off the table, walked towards the ork and stopped next to him. That seemed to relax the tension a bit and several of the veterans smiled at the sight of their captain absolutely dwarfed by the ork, who seemed to think that the whole situation was hilarious and had a big grin on his face.
“This is Warboss Jenrul Captin Surgent who has come with his ... er ... men to help us against the traitor forces.â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:52 pm 

I'm sure with fluff backign it up, and as long as you did it from a storied themed piont of view and not to exploit the lists noone would really mind playing it. I know i would love to see an army similar to what you aer describing, especially if you had some random element that there was a chance that the orks in teh army would get bored and attack your own troops for a turn or something, similar to animosity in fantasy? the possibilitise are endless.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:05 pm 

hmm I need to get th IG codex :D
anyway if I can do it that would be fun ^^
I'd have no tanks in the IG side prob some stormtroopers and normal guardsmen maybe hvy weps teams
and tanks on the ork side w/ kommandos etc ...
the random element bit would be great!
I could have that Malok chap lob something on the orks "Didn't do it on purpose" style :)
and yeah the orks getting bored and pulping some guard ^^
fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:58 pm 

No one likes a rubbish dump, except for Grots ofcourse.

Thank Khaine that there were only a couple of them with those Bloodaxes.

The Pathfinder stoically watched the base from inside his hide within the rubbish dump, a couple or hundred metres away.

'Freebooterz yes, but no Flash Gitz, or Weird Boyz, tsk tsk is all the galaxy becoming as plain as the Imperial Guard? ' mused the Ulthwe exile.

' Observe all, report all' ; he would wait until night before giving up his front row seat .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:55 pm 

Quote:
I could have that Malok chap lob something on the orks "Didn't do it on purpose" style :)
and yeah the orks getting bored and pulping some guard ^^
fun :D
I think the Ork Lootas have something along those lines. I think it's called the "Oops, sorry mate" rule, where if they roll a 1 to hit, it hits the unit instead. Just change it so it's whenever Malok rolls a 1, with the nearest Ork unit as the victom... :twisted: :lol:
Quote:
No one likes a rubbish dump, except for Grots ofcourse.

Thank Khaine that there were only a couple of them with those Bloodaxes.

The Pathfinder stoically watched the base from inside his hide within the rubbish dump, a couple or hundred metres away.

'Freebooterz yes, but no Flash Gitz, or Weird Boyz, tsk tsk is all the galaxy becoming as plain as the Imperial Guard? ' mused the Ulthwe exile.

' Observe all, report all' ; he would wait until night before giving up his front row seat .
Suddenly a rapid movement caught his eye & he flicked around to discover it's nature, Shirken Pistol drawn, expecting a grot. He breathed a sigh of releif when it turned out to be nothing but some sort of insectoid creature, possiblely a native species. Looking at it again, he noticed something was different about this creature, but it dissapeared before he could work out what. Something was different about it's eyes...

"So, let's recap. So far we have Chaos attacking the Imperial Guard Plattons stationed here, & have nearly wiped them out. What remains has just recieved reinforcements in the form of Ork BloodAxes, in return for equipment. And finally, it would appear that the Eldar have seen some connection between this conflict & their fate, as one of our recon units confirmed our sensor readings. It appears the Eldar scout was monitoring the actions of both the Imperial Guard & the Orks. Judging by the level of psychic power this one has, he's most likely from Ulthwe. I just hope they are here purely to disrupt the plans of the Chaos scum, & not to hurt the Guardsmen any more than nessesary."

"Why do we not just attack the Chaos Scum & get what we search for now? Surely that would fulfil our objectives, & we wouldn't have to watch these Orks prepare to possibly betray those Guardsmen?"

"A good question Marine. If we were to attack now, it would show the Chaos forces behind this attack to realise that we have been watching them, giving them chance to excape with the page before we can stop them. No, the wheels must turn this way, pulling those behind this deeper into our trap."

"And what of the Orks & Eldar?"

"While they are a dangerously agressive race, for now the Orks shall prove useful in drawing out more Chaos forces from their reserves. We shall let them be, though our Librarians are subconciously implanting thoughts into the Ork minds that the Guardsmen would not be worth the time fighting against, giving a good chance that they'll leave without betraying their "employers". And as for the Eldar, we shall watch them to asertain what their objectives are on this planet. If need be, we shall contact them, teaming up to fulfil a common objective if need be. This shall be done telepathically, so as to not blow his cover.

So, Staff Sergeant, recap orders."

"SIR, we are to move in to 1 Km of the Chaos encampment & follow standard observation proticals. When given the order, we are to move into said encampment & liberate the page in question & move for extraction."

"Just another day in the life, aye Staff Sergeant?"

*chuckle*"Yes sir."

"Kill Team, you have your orders, move out & Godspeed."

"YES SIR! THANKYOU SIR!"

*sound of running on metal flooring. Fades away slowly*

"If only those Guardsmen knew just what they're in the middle of..."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable