[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Writing fluff for my Wh/Dh force. - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:54 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:40 pm 

Hey Fellas,
My current project is Witch Hunter / Daemon Hunter armies. I'm currently in the midst of writing fluff for them. As it stands, i have basic note points detailing their background and current situation. I've just got some questions i'd like to ask you lot before I start writing a backstory for them.
Firstly, here is a basic rundown of my fluff.

• Sister covenant garrisoned in a cathedral on a Hive/Forge world
• Through explorations of the bowels of their ancient cathedral, the sisters discover a hidden catacomb.
• They find an artifact of great importance. It could be very dangerous / useful to the Imperium
• The Inquisition moves in to contain the artifact and to study it/keep it from traitors and heretics
• The Radical Inquisitor studying the artifact senses a strange psykic energy emanating from the artifact.
• Contact with the psyker triggers the artifact to somehow open up a small tear/hole in the warp. The artifact starts spewing forth daemons.
• Sisters and the Inquisition try to contain the artifact and daemons. If they break free of the cathedral, the billions of people living on the hive world will be in danger.
• The inhabitants of the Hiveworld cannot know about the danger, as this will cause panic and rebellion in an already semi-hostile population
• Daemonhunters are called in to help contain the threat
• Inquisitor is convinced that the artifact could be of great importance to the Imperium, so wishes to contain the threat, find a way to close the tear in the warp, and study the object.
• The artifact starts to somehow mainipulate / possess the local population, pretty much creating a whole city of LatD.
• The joint forces of the Sisters, Grey Knights, Inquisition and Imperial Guard turn the massive cathedral into a heavily fortified bunker. Defending from both the bowels of the catacombs and the outside
• They must hold the cathedral until the Inquisitor and his attendant staff can find a way to shut the tear in the warp, and control the artifact.

The armies i'll be building are, a pretty standard witchhunter army, a daemonhunter army with 2 platoons of guard and leman russ, and eventually when the Ordos Xenos comes out, them as well. I'll be using the guard as a mix and match inducted section to start with, but will probably create a full force later on.

Ok, now heres where i'd like your opinion
• What do you think of the general background idea?
• Could you suggest names for my Cannoness, Inquisitor, Grey Knight Hero, and Guard Section Officer?
• What do you think the artifact could be? I'm thinking an orb, or a crystal of some sort. I'm also planning to name this as well, depending on what it is.
• Do you have any ideas on which planet this could be based on? It should be of some importance, but not a "key" planet (Mars for example). A pretty standard hive world, or forgeworld
• The fiction piece i'm planning to write, i think, will be a sort of "report" by a member of the inquisition. (possibly the Inquisitor himself, or one of his staff). Do you have any ideas about how i could set this out? What should the scene/setting be?
• Are there any holes in the fluff? Any glaring ommisions or implausibilities?

Any input you have would be greatly appreciated. I thank you all in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:10 am 

Quote:
• What do you think of the general background idea?
It's starting to look good.
Quote:
• Could you suggest names for my Cannoness, Inquisitor, Grey Knight Hero, and Guard Section Officer?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...........
Quote:
• What do you think the artifact could be? I'm thinking an orb, or a crystal of some sort. I'm also planning to name this as well, depending on what it is.
How about some sort of staff about the length of your arm? Perhaps not sturdy enough to be used as a weapon......
Quote:
• Do you have any ideas on which planet this could be based on? It should be of some importance, but not a "key" planet (Mars for example). A pretty standard hive world, or forgeworld
The size of the galaxy means that you have a huge amount of choice in making stuff up for yourself with planets etc.....
Quote:
• The fiction piece i'm planning to write, i think, will be a sort of "report" by a member of the inquisition. (possibly the Inquisitor himself, or one of his staff). Do you have any ideas about how i could set this out? What should the scene/setting be?
Why not as a four way diary/report? I.E. Write entries for each of the army commanders and the inquisitor. Start each entry from the point where each Commander and the Inquisitor enters the story.
Quote:
• Are there any holes in the fluff? Any glaring ommisions or implausibilities?
None that I can see at the moment....
Quote:
I thank you all in advance.
No worries.

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

Oi!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable