[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Sigil of Six - I'm bored, so I wrote something. - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:49 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:20 pm 

I was bored. So I wrote this.

Praise me.

PRAISE ME.

;D

Gabriel exhaled deeply, attempting to calm his mind as he mentally prepared himself for the ritual to come. The air around him reeked of herbs both exotic and mundane, mingled with the scent of fresh lamb's blood.

He glanced around, a final check and recheck of everything he needed to complete the task at hand. One cannot be too careful, too cautious. The room is bare, but for a triangle covered in squiggly runes, a large hexagram and a cushion.. baring a small glitering diamond on a chain. All bathed in candlelight.

He lowers himself down to his knees, placing himself squarely within the drying triangle of gore. Inclined his fingers into a shape that resembles a diamond. Thumb to thumb, forefinger to forefinger with other fingers curled to fist. He then began to incant.

Time passes.

The words blur into a stream of unintelliagble serpentine-sounding gibberish as his mind unfocuses. An endless string of warped sylables, rising a single octave volume in intensity with each repitition. At the zenith, Gabriel is screaming. The pentacle pulsates once, twice, and a third and final time before becoming a solid mass of glistening red, casting a crimson hue on the walls.

An electric shiver courses down his spine, the hair of his body standing on end. Magic. The sensation intoxicates him, biting his lip on the giddy high. Then he casts his eyes into the hexagram, staring intently into the gloom.

"Show yourself." Gabriel commands, seemingly to noone. A moment pases, another.. and another. Two points of light flare within the darkness, angular slits of malevolent red. The beacons of light move forward, betraying a shape, an angular female-looking head, lacking a nose.

Gabriel reaches out, taking the pendant in hand. Raising it up between himself and the lurker. "With the Sigil of Six, I bind you to this stone."

A hiss echoes out, inhuman, yet filled with irritation.

He repeats the words, "With the Sigil of Six, I bind you to this stone." He traces a shape in air with his fingertip, the passing leaving a trail of blazing orange. A circle. A line. A curve. A broken circle. He speaks several sharp phrases in a similar sounding tongue as the first incantation. Unintelligble to human ears.

The thing howls, shying from the rim of the hexagram, attempting to rescind back into the darkness.. but it fails. It begins to collapse in on itself, as if crushed by a thousand atmospheres of pressure. Smaller and smaller untill naught but a single burning spark remains. The spark flutters like a leaf on the wind towards the crystal, merging with it. As the spark vanishes, the diamond turns black.

Gabriel breathes a sign of relief, places the pendant around his neck and rises to his feet. He turns on his heel and exits the room.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable