[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Part 10: Russia's Choose your own 40k adventure - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:50 pm

All times are UTC+08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

What will you do?
Poll ended at Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:46 pm
Head for the bridge, destroy the daemon! 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
Head for the workers quarters and try to blow the engines! 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Head back to command and blow the ship from outside! 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Take your time before heading to the bridge, the daemon is bluffing... 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Take your time and figure out how to blow-up the ship, the daemon is bluffing... 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 14
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:33 am
Posts: 4497
Location: Plato's Cave
My most humble apologies about the delay, I shall try not to leave so long between parts in future. Having said that, the end draws nearer and Part 10 awaits your devouring minds!
The previous winning option was:

[align=center]Investigate the civillian quarters[/align]
But now...


Part 10:

It’s a short walk through the wet heaving walls of the nightmare ship that you, of every citizen in the Imperium happened to be assigned to investigate. You do not resent your post though; it is your duty to serve the emperor in life so that you shall be rewarded in death. There is no denying though that a large part of you wishes you were anywhere else right now. The civilian quarters appear quite small; your instincts tell you that the ship’s main cargo was material, the human component only filling space. There are three men left from your team, including yourself. For all you know, you and your men could be the only loyal citizens of the Imperium alive onboard this ship. The three of you cautiously approach a randomly selected door in the civilian quarter and make a last check of the corridor. You have Ruigez covering your back at all times, Taylor’s affliction rendering him more of a burden than anything else. You feel bad for the boy, but truthfully you can see an upside to being blind aboard this daemon-infested ship.

You carefully push the handle down on the door and instead of hearing a click, you hear a squelch as the handle depresses. You carefully step inside and begin investigating. You guide Ruigez’s torch steadily around the room, hoping to find something of interest. Decayed clothes hang from a closet; a musty old bed of no interest sits in a corner. In a bedside table you find a small journal. The pages a brittle but you can make out the words. It’s a diary, seemingly belonging to an adult female. A brief read reveals nothing of interest and you continue to the next room.

A further search of half a dozen rooms reveals nothing of interest either. It’s in the eighth or ninth room that you find something of immediate importance. It’s another journal, this one belonging to a young boy. Scrawled inside in infantile ramblings is the story of a young boy’s frustration at his family not believing something he saw. His descriptions make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. He describes, in his own infantile way, discovering a room packed full of twenty odd men, all suspended invisibly from the ceiling, hanging motionless with their heads and limbs hanging loose like meat on a butchers hook. He writes that they didn’t look at him, in fact that they didn’t move at all. He then goes on to describe how a man in a uniform would visit the room regularly, and lead other men there. The back of the journal is filled with disturbing drawings of the men in the room, as well as a drawing of the man in uniform, complete with empty eyes. You show the journal to Ruigez and then fit it into your pack. The room yields nothing else and you move onto the next.

You find nothing of great importance in any of the other civilian rooms, although a pair of skeletons lying in one of the beds seems oddly out of place. So far the only skeleton you’ve seen onboard was that of the inquisitor, and while not unusual onboard a ship that has been floating in space for hundreds of years, the previous lack of skeletons made the find quite surprising.

You decide to move on towards the command crew and double back the way you came. As you stalk down the corridor you think you see a ripple crawl through the wall to your left. You don’t turn your head in time to get a good look, but tighten the grip on your bolt-pistol’s trigger nonetheless. To take your mind of the nausea created by the squelching, wet corridors you concentrate hard on what the inquisitor might have meant by “completing a triangleâ€

_________________
From Russia With Love


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 779
Location: Mount Hawforn
finally the next part.
head to the bridge and destroy the daemon, there is no time to go to command and they're probably dead it's the only thing to do.

_________________
BUYAKASHA!!!!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 1035
Location: Warwick, Perth
Milo.. destroy the Daemon with what exactly? I'd say two hours would be enough time to figure out how to destroy the mutating ship.. hopefully, it'll take the daemon with it.

_________________
I'll have a double-barreled gatling hand-kannon, with extra dakka, an extra-large choppa, and a 6-pack of stikkbomz.

Current Main Project:
Gorkamorka! Build a starter mob worth 100 Teef.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:33 am
Posts: 4497
Location: Plato's Cave
[align=center]
CLUE TIME
[/align]

[align=center]If you can figure out how to destroy the daemon then so will your character. A simple google search will offer up the answer, all you need is a keyword/s from this weeks or perhaps a previous entry.[/align]

_________________
From Russia With Love


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:12 am
Posts: 1156
Location: Perth, WA
I have a question Russia, what exactly are we currently carrying at this point? I remember something about grenades, shotguns (always fun :twisted: ), & lasguns. I think that could have an effect on how I'll vote, so I'll wait until you respond.

Also, will this be a 11 part or more story? It's a pitty to see this finish. Maybe someone can start another when this one finishes.

Oh, & can we have a link to the next? Sorry if I sound rude, but it makes finding these SO much easier...

_________________
[align=center] Having attempted to rewrite my army list using the new Blood Angel "Codex", I'm very much in agreeance with my Avatar
*lowers then shakes head*
[/align]


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 1035
Location: Warwick, Perth
Thoughts..

Furfur is mentioned in this..
Furfur is a Great Earl of Hell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furfur

Earlier on, the Latin writing on the Inquisitor's ship roughly translated into english says "Name Kills Demon". If Furfur is the name of one of the crew, and Furfur is also a demon in legend........ hmmm?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:33 am
Posts: 4497
Location: Plato's Cave
You and your men collectively are carrying:

1 shotgun with plenty of ammo
1 lasgun with more than plenty of ammo
1 bolt-pistol with plenty of rounds and just under half a clip of the inquisitors ammunition
2 silver grenades
6 frag grenades
a bottle of strange ointment
a tin that contains strange chalk
a tarot card depicting 'the possessed'
a powersword
1 light stick
Ruigez carries a number of misc scrolls, parchment and candles
you carry a strange scroll with illuminated glyphs
you carry other things typical of a guardsmens kit i.e. water flask, pocket knife etc.

There may be things that I've missed...

_________________
From Russia With Love


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:32 am
Posts: 1869
Location: In my place.
I am with Rex on this. With well placed grenades anything can come to a slightly squishy and particularly loud end that always looks good as the climax in many action movies, particularly when it includes all the noble stuff like self sacrifice.

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

_________________
"Wake up me boy! There you are. Now, how many finger am I holding up?"
"Umm.... one?"
"It must be worse than I though; lad can't even tell the difference between a hook and a finger"

Oi!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 1035
Location: Warwick, Perth
Well, after reading the Wiki article on Furfur.. my guess would be to attempt the triangle.. i can only speculate, but the chalk would be good to draw the triangle arround the Demon or his confines.. then you can interrogate him how to kill him, considering the whole truth triangle and all.. ;)

Though, heres a thought... maybe the Demon is already IN the truth triangle? Sofar, everything he's said has come true.. he could be bluffing now, but what if he isnt? If he's in the triangle, head to the bridge now and interrogate. Surely, there cant be too much more he can do to you if you have 2 hours to live..


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:12 am
Posts: 1156
Location: Perth, WA
Here's a simpler explanation of what Furfur is. Found it using NineMSN search.

http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/

It says it will only answer questions with lies, unless enclosed by a magic triangle. Maybe we should go for the triangle. We've got that special chalk. I can think of one question, "How do we distroy you..." :twisted:

Oh, & I just remembered the book with the Daemon names, the make-your-eyes-bleed book. Wonder if that'll give us any tips? *Starts reading book. Gets rather engrossed in the book. Eyes DON'T start bleeding. Looks up* It is wise to know the ways of one's enemies... :twisted:

By the looks of it, if we go to the bridge & finish the triangle & get the daemon in it, we should be able to destroy it. To the Bridge...

_________________
[align=center] Having attempted to rewrite my army list using the new Blood Angel "Codex", I'm very much in agreeance with my Avatar
*lowers then shakes head*
[/align]


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 1479
Location: Mandurah
Quote:
It is wise to know the ways of one's enemies... Twisted Evil
Know yourself and know your enemy and you will never be defeated in a hundred battles - Sun Tzu

_________________
Grizzled long time player @
PAGS - Peel adventure gaming society

IT'S NOT YOUR LIST, IT'S Y.... HANG ON, OH OK, YEAH THAT LIST SUCKS.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:33 am
Posts: 4497
Location: Plato's Cave
Quote:
Quote:
It is wise to know the ways of one's enemies... Twisted Evil
Know yourself and know your enemy and you will never be defeated in a hundred battles - Sun Tzu
a hundred and one battles however.... look out...

_________________
From Russia With Love


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:36 pm
Posts: 3673
Location: Perth, Australia
Last I checked, knowing a demons true name is is quite an advantage. If Furfur is actually it, then we have something that will hopefully be able to use against it to buy us the time to 'complete the ritual'.

According to the links, Furfur only tells lies, unless within a magic trangle. The fact that he's only told the truth so far would indicate that this triangle is probably one of the ways as to how he's been restricted to the ships bridge. It also means that if he says we'll all die in 2 hours, I'm inclined to believe him.

On the other hand, the inquisitors notes indicate that the triangle has not been completed...could this mean the demon can lie, or is it lose enough to being complete that the demon cannot lie, but is not bound/destroyed? Personally I'm guessing that the demon

That aside, the sooner we get to the bridge and kill the demon (lieing or not), the less likely we are to encounter too many more demons popping out of walls to eat us.

To kill him, the triangle must be completed. I figure the chalk is the way to do it and hopefully with the time bought by using the demons name we'll be able to figure out exactly what to do once we see the wards on the bridge (perhaps it uses the demons name?)

Destroying the ship itself is only going to make things worse - we'd only destroy the wards on the bridge and release the demon from its prison.

So to the bridge we go! And double-time it too!


BTW, anyone got any theories about the single skeleton in the crew quaters? Seems a bit strange...

_________________
Outpost 6030 - High Chancellor

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: London
Reading some of that he has to be summoned to teh circle and then will be angellic in appearance..... Also the changing of his voice would suggest he isn't in a triangle already....

Another thought. What if it is not Furfur we are after. The "man" named furfur is dead. What if it is his arch nemisis Belial who has control of this ship. "The possessed" as teh car indicates, has no direct reference to Furfur. Belial on the otehr hand possessed men to carry out their lustful acts and is speculated to be the reason lucifer fell in the first place.

Just another angle. It would be all too convenient if the name was right there for us....

_________________
Westgamer Ultimates Judge - '07, '08, '09
Ex-Host : World's End Radio
2013 X-Wing Miniatures Game Australian National Champion


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:28 pm
Posts: 4183
Location: Bayswater, Perf
Hmm, for the moment Im not much sure on how to kill the demon, most sources seem to say that putting him in a triangle will only make him tell the truth, not kill him.

Also, Im not so sure that blowing up the ship is such a good idea any more, I think hes bound to the ship in such a way that we've got an opportunity to actually kill him, blow the ship and we'll just free him.

Also, all sources say this guy is a liar, therefore I say we call his bluff.

_________________
Son of Russ


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC+08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited