[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
The 40k gang story continues! - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:04 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:20 pm 

I've managed to type the first part of the next story arc! Its not much but its a start, enjoy

Pallin woke up, cold, shivering, and on a hard concrete-like excuse for a bed. He leaned forward and immediately regretted it as he bashed his head on the bunk above containing nyls. Frag me, this sucks something chronic, he thought to himself as he hobbled towards the bulkhead door. With an improbably loud screech he managed to twist the handle and open the damn thing. Still half asleep he staggered off in the general direction of the mess hall. Mallion was there at a table alone (as always) eating god-emperor alone knew what sort of crap. He looked up bright and cheerful, how does he do it? Pallin wondered, as he staggered half comatose towards the caffeine machine. He managed to fill the mug after the fifth attempt. He stomped over to the table Mallion was at and sat with a loud thump and a huge groan of effort. This caused everyone in the mess hall to turn and look at him. The mess hall had previously been quite, except for the odd munch or slurp. It was filled with sixty plus kitted tech-priests, technos and ship personnel. They were all dressed, in kit, wide awake. Pallin was in his under-shorts and singlet, had half a beard worth of stubble and had some caffeine dripping down his chin. “Everybody’s great when their half-machineâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:51 pm 

Not bad. Keep up the good work. Never mind having something to direct my twisted mind on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:49 pm 

here is the next (smallish installment) hope you all like it! 8)

One to two days later…..
The shuttle left the ships docking bay with a massive lurch, onboard the sixty new mercenaries that made up the new security detail. Anderson luckily (at least he though so) had a window seat and gazed out at the bulk transporter that had been their home for two weeks, the Novus Groth (Anderson still winced at the name) all five kilometers of her….he… it…Anderson lost his train of thought, Mallion had derailed it with a series of nudges,
“I think something’s happeningâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:10 pm 

Hm, bionic ears. 180 degree turning heads. Nice touch. LOL.

I hope more people will have a look at this. Maybe even comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:44 am 

all i can say is im loving this

keep it up, i cant wait for more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:21 pm 

Not too shabby.

Just one thing though, I cant see the Mechanicus allowing a psyker on board the same asteriod as a warp gate research facility let alone the same system

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:38 am 

Aahh, true eckythump but its not warp gates it warp fields (see gellar fields) they need to create warp holes to adequatelly test the strength of the field so I don't really see how a psyker is that bad (you don't see daemons running amok evertime a wraithcannon fires do you?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:10 am 

Hey Olly, keep it up mate! This is great stuff!

Your last post was on the 20th July, its now the 21st of Aug, am i to assume that this thread has ended? It started out so promisingly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:26 pm 

Seeing as you like it so much I shall endevour to make some more, my main reason of fan fiction absence is that I've been working on my anthology entry for the BL forums (the prize is getting your work published) and I'm putting ALOT of time into it to make as perfect as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:45 pm 

A very worthy cause indeed. Good luck to you mate!

Hope to see more of your stuff when your done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:59 pm 

Yeah, good luck on that. Judging on what you post on here, it should be pretty good. I'd say you have a bit more talent in this field than most. Keep it up & good luck again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:42 pm 

ok its really late but when are you going to write somemore, i'm liking the story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:18 am 

Damn it! you made me all excited cause it looked like there was a new addition to the storey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:25 am 

Sorry guys I've been busy with my black library anthology entry (which I can't post up...yet, put simply its 33pg's long so you can see where the time went)

I''ll try to get some more finished by this week (maybe tuesday, just had a big Uni assignment so more time gone....) if not theres always my other stuff... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:15 pm 

Finally managed to get some time to type (you thank wolflord as i was painting his BB chaos team) so here is the next installment with more to follow as uni finishes. enjoy 8)

One month later…

Pallin sprinted down the corridor as fast as he could screams behind him gave him the extra encouragement to try that little bit harder. A mechanicus adept stepped out into the corridor in front of him and Pallin nimbly jinked aside. The adept looking up in surprise seeing Pallin run by, tracked him down the corridor and checked to see what he was running from. The pounding of metal feet alerted Pallin that the adept had joined him in running for dear life; bionic legs pounding away the adept quickly overtook Pallin and veered left towards the armory.
“Not gonna help you buddy…â€

Last edited by olly on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.