[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
WTS Japanese village etc - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:06 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: WTS Japanese village etc
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:55 pm 

Up for sale is a one-off, scratch built Asian town and rice padi field system as well as a river system. This was scratchbuilt over a several month period and used to game Samurai and also Back of Beyond 1920's games..a 600 year timespan! The town has both Japanese and Chinese elements to it. The buildings are all designed by myself in Autocad and I have printed the masters before mould making. They are resin with foam-core reinforcing for maximum strength. The roofs also are designed based on actual barrel tile structures, are resin and sloping. All roofs are removable.

The village is designed in such a way as to get maximum different configurations. it is broken into 2 main bases, with each having a removable wall. This allows you to put both together to form one large compound or else two smaller ones, each defendable. The walls have small archer/ gun slots too and the gates are all openable. The buildings also all come off the bases, meaning that for very small games you can just use one or two buildings without the walls.

There is a Torii archway and two guardian foo dogs as well in the set.

The rice padi and irrigation channel was a bit of a labour of love. Each stand of rice was individually planted (without the assistance of a village of peasant labour). I used around $200 of Polymer resin to make these, the same as the river system, colour matched to images of muddied rice padi fields. Obviously you have many multiple uses for these from Feudal Japan, WW2 Burma or Malaya, Vietnam war etc... The rice stands are done in such a way that you can pass a 25mm based figure amongst the stands. The hill section with the terracing was fun to make. My plan was to do a whole table based on the terraced hillsides but time and space didn't allow for this!
The irrigation channels are what the farmers use to draw the water from the main rivers and then flood the fields. They make good cover for advancing troops!

Finally the river sections. These have a more translucent polymer coating and a more rocky riverbed. There is enough to easily cover a 10'x6' table. the 8 sections include 2 normal straights, 2 wiggles, 2 90 degree bends and 2 fords. They are made to stack into an Ikea storage container box, which I am happy to include.

I don't need to sell these but could use the space to start the next project. I am going to offer the whole lot as a set initially but may consider breaking up into the elements of the cillage, rice padi and river sections. This is a huge amount of terrain. To account for the fact that there are around $5-$600 of materials in the making of all this and some of the time taken I am asking $1900 for the lot. I shall be popping it onto other forums as well shortly.

Thanks for looking. Please pm me any specific questions and post interest on the thread.

cheers

TJG

Last edited by thejammedgatling on Wed May 17, 2017 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:11 am 

Rice Padi and rivers all sold.

Remaining is the town and irrigation system, Torii arch and foo dogs.
Will sell all remaining for $800.
:shock:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable