[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
MTG 4 U @ TGA - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:56 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: MTG 4 U @ TGA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:19 pm 

Magic The Gathering At TGA!!!

Draft ‘Boxes’ Available – 2

Sets Available For Drafting
Battle for Zendikar

Battle For Zendikar is HERE! Get to TGA Wednesday at 6pm! Don't Miss out!

Prize Pool
Drafts are currently limited to 6 Boosters for prizes
1st. 3 Boosters
2nd. 2 Boosters
3rd. 1 Booster

Winners Circle!!

Draft # 1 Daexcitedginganinja [Cam]
Draft # 2 Ironknight [Cameron]
Draft # 3 Snowman [Chops]
Draft# 4 Daexcitedginganinja [Cam]

BULLETIN >>>> “Midweek Magic” For the Win! :D
>>>>>

Last edited by Wereman on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: MTG 4 U @ TGA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:32 pm 

MTG @ TGA -- Playoffs

Current Prize Pool --- 6 boosters

Prize Pool Sets
Origins

Prizes will be distributed depending on player numbers as follows.
4 players = 3 boosters (2 / 1)
6 + players = 6 boosters (3 / 2 / 1)

>>> Players will be given choice of which set their prizes come from (if choice is available)

>>> All winners of a playoff, regardless of format or player numbers, will receive a ‘Free Playoff Entry’ ticket.

Winners Circle!!

Playoff “Modern Mayhem” #1 – Daexcitedginganinja [Cam]

Last edited by Wereman on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:54 am 

Hey peeps!

Been asked if we are doing board games as well on the night so just letting you all know that yes we are. There are also tables for wargaming.

Only two days to go. Huzzah! 8)

Catalyst Games Labs Demo Team Member #139: BattleTech FTW!

www.alphastrike.com.au - Perth's premiere games and hobby supplier.
Visit our Facebook page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:09 am 

Is this going to be regular? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:12 am 

We are looking to run every Wednesday mate, mid week magic for the win :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:56 am 

now, how was that game played again :)
LOL. See you all soon...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:05 am 

Well this event went well. Lots of really great cards popped up which made for some solid trading afterwards.

We are set to do it all again next Wednesday 16th September. Shout out here if you are coming. :)

Visit our Facebook page.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:28 am 

hey there people!
i am finally getting my ducks in a row... so i can hunt them down and rip their.... ahem :oops: - sorry, wolf moment :)
to re-phrase... I am getting sorted out to update on Westgamer on a more regular basis and I want to say "G'Day" to all the new people on this forum.

MTG 4 U @ TGA!!!
At the moment Wednesday night from 6:00pm - 10:30pm is set up for "MIDWEEK MAGIC"... we are drafting at the moment, getting our newer players a nice store of cards, deckbuilding advice and practice, and just general MTG knowledge. Once everyone seems happy and have a few games under their belt we will start throwing the "Playoff" word around a little more. I'd like to see both happening regularly, and maybe even a few playoffs being organised for a Sunday at TGA.

I've updated (and will continue to update) the two original posts to reflect the current games available status. Rather than post up names and ask people to confirm they are going I'm leaving this as an open posting. Keep an eye on the first two posts and you'll know what's going on! What it does mean for players is the you need to get to TGA between 18:00 and 18:30 ( 6 and 630 pm) to make sure you get a seat and your choice of set and format! If you come into a Draft event I would strongly recommend to any current MTG players that, if possible, you have a 60+ card, Modern Deck (black border only) , and then you'll be set in case you miss out on a spot - 'Midweek Magic' is growing quickly! :)

The DRAFT post will show our current draft capability. Each 'BOX' is enough cards from the listed set for 8 people to draft and 6 boosters for prizes. I'll also keep putting up a name in the Winners Circle (just for the kudos! ;) )
The PLAYOFF post shows the number of boosters i have available for playoff prizes, the sets those boosters are from, and the distribution of those prizes base on number of players. I will update the Prize Distribution post after some thought and discussion, so keep an eye on it!
Both DRAFT and PLAYOFF style can be played, by anyone, at TGA and on either a Wednesday evening or a Sunday. I also have some sheets explaining different formats that i wouldn't mind trying, and I am open to suggestions for other formats!

I'm going to point out that we are 'Casual' with MTG at TGA... this is fun, social and enjoyable. I am welcoming new players, state level superpowers who just want to relax, and old warhorses like myself who MTG'd back in the day and then kinda lost it for a while. If you have never even seen Magic the Gathering, but want to know what the hype is over, come on in and check it out... we can show you how it works, run you through a couple of games and then get you into a Draft or Playoff and see how you like it.

So come into TGA on a Wednesday arvo or Sunday and check this out. If you want to post / pm suggestions please feel free! If you want to talk to me in person (not usually a sensible option, i don't improve with proximity! :lol: ) come to TGA and ask for Wereman or Tarron... or just ask them to point out the "guy who can't roll dice to save his life" (Tarron effect is patent pending!)

Get into the MAGIC! :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:50 pm 

Just so everyone is up to speed. :D
Quote:
Hi guys!

We have Battle for Zendikar coming! This is gonna be awesome, there looks to be some ridiculously cool cards in the set, and I cannot wait to draft with them. There may or may not be some groovy stuff happening on the day, I will confirm ASAP with dates, prizes, and other assorted awesome!

This last Wednesday was pretty cool. We had a slightly reduced turnout, but it was good to see a new player come back and hit high... Grats to Phil for a second place. The Gingerninjer took out the winners position this time and Ironknight has a 3rd place with his "not a mill deck" I think a moment of silence for Snowman's deck... which i believe is probably a smoking pile of ash by now ... bad luck mate... next time!

This Wednesday, 7th October we will be having a playoff! This is an opportunity for you guys to use all those cards you've been collecting! Get a 60+ deck of black bordered cards together and get down to TGA by 18:30 and see if you can claw a spot on the winners post! At a slightly cheaper $10 for entry over a draft there will still be prizes and fun for all, and don't forget... win a Playoff, and you get into the next one for nothing! So, hone those decks to fighting fitness people, get on down there and get stuck in!

Visit our Facebook page.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:52 pm 

hey guys.

i am going to guess that most of us took Wednesday off to be ready for next week and the Zendikar Draft. but a few hardy souls still came in and magic-ed it up a bit. although we didn't get an actual playoff together there were a couple of all on all matches (my "Token Frenzy" deck did some damage! yay! :) ) before we realised the forces of the mad gods of cthulu were ready to destroy the world... so we had to stop 'em! ;)

so next wednesday is the Zendikar draft. i want to get our first draft of each set to be something special, so everyone who's coming regular make sure you bring a little extra change and a healthy drive for more cards. everyone who hasn't been yet... if you're only going to go to one Midweek Magic event - this is probably your one!

this always seems to work for the speedway ads so...
Wednesday!! Wednesday!! Wednesday!!
----------Magic!! Magic!! Magic!!----------

Be there and feel the excitement! Death and Glory! Heroes and Monsters!

Yeah -- a few engine noises in the background and it's gold! :lol:

We have 2 boxes of Battle For Zendikar cranked and ready to roll out on wednesday arvo. we can cover up to 16 people - so bring a friend, a brother, a sister, or a missus! just get into TGA on wednesday and see what it's all about! i'm going to hopefully have more prizes, giveaways and other awesome... i will update after discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:24 pm 

Quote:
this always seems to work for the speedway ads so...
----------Magic!! Magic!! Magic!!----------

Be there and feel the excitement! Death and Glory! Heroes and Monsters!

Yeah -- a few engine noises in the background and it's gold! :lol:

Visit our Facebook page.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:25 pm 

ok - so i'm guessing everyone has seen Ivoryskull's post about Midweek Magic...?
it's unfortunate but true guys. if we can't get a good solid turnout every week, then there just wont be any point in opening up. so Midweek Magic is on indeterminate suspension. :(

on the plus side we are still Magic-ing it up at TGA we are just doing it on a Sunday! :D watching our wednesday games and the number of games that went over-time, i think we can start running a playoff in the morning and still give everyone a chance to get a game of something else in... or have a Playoff in the morning, lunch and then Playoff again in the arvo... i am thinking 'Playoff' is going to be the main format at the moment - so get down to TGA with a 60+ deck of Black border cards and some $10 notes (Playoff's are cheaper! :) )

i should also be able to arrange a deck for people to use if they haven't quite gotten 60 cards together yet.

so grab friends, co-workers, brothers and sisters and lets get some people into MTG @ TGA -- more people = more AWESOME! 8-)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable