[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
From the Desk of the GGI President - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:03 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:01 pm 

Greetings All,

I intend to bring to you monthly update on what is happening at the Gamers' Guild, as well as any major undertakings.

For now, I will advise that I am seeking to have our presence here on Westgamer enhanced.

I can also announce that we are planning the 10th annual running of the Grand Prix Des Arms for January 2011.

In my next update, I plan to give an update on Operation: Webination, the composition of GPDA-X (including the Warmaster/Tournament Director) and also a few other bits and pieces relevant to the WG community.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:24 pm 

Good to see a bit more interaction for the Gamers from the Guild. Keeping us informed of plans for the GPdA can only be a good thing, especially if those running it are able to constantly check and update info in regards to the tournament.

From a personal point of view, I went to this years, but not the year before. I do not mean to slur the TO of any tournament, but the approach towards last year's event was a little lackluster, failing to provide answers for questions that were of significant merit.

Will be keeping an eye on this.

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:36 pm 

Glad to hear that GPDA is going ahead nice and early next year! Will it be 2500pts again (god I hope so. We need some larger game sizes to get a good opinion of what the optimum points limit is for tournament play. Im starting to feel that 2200pts is too small)?

I was at the GPDA this year, and it was a fine event. Well run, relatively on time and all-round fun. Looking forward to it!

Kings of War - still rolling my dice and moving my mice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:19 pm 

Has Gammers guild got thier two champions ready for the 'Sword of the champion' fanstasy , club challenge.
it is just arround the corner in October.

my blog http://firewaterportal.blogspot.com/
email firewaterportal@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:27 pm 

Quote:
Has Gammers guild got thier two champions ready for the 'Sword of the champion' fanstasy , club challenge.
it is just arround the corner in October.
I'm flabbergasted to say that is indeed the first I have heard of it! I doubt that we will be fielding any club challengers this year (my army is famously still in pieces after 12 years of piecing it together, then rules change, revise composition, rules change etc). Were it advertised here, I would have to say that my presence on this board has only recently been revitalised.

I will moot it, but I think I can safely say at this stage that GGI will, at least for this year, not be participating in any inter club activities. Which is a great shame, and wil hopefully not be the case in 2011.

As for GPDA-X, all will be made clear very soon, I want to discuss many aspects very thoroughly with the TD.

As an interesting aside, (and please forgive my inattention of late) but just how big is the following for LotR nowadays? Truth be told, I am well invested in many noble wargaming rules sets, LotR is not among them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:28 pm 

OK but we do a 40k and a fantasy Club challenge 40k was in June Fantasy in October.

But Just let your members know as any one can rep for there club just send me an email to krags and I will send you the details.

we also have coming up
battle fleet gothic in dec

http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12633

my blog http://firewaterportal.blogspot.com/
email firewaterportal@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:07 pm 

Thanks, magic.

Just a quick howdy and that the 2010-2011 Committee will be having their first meeting this Saturday, commencing midday. Its a public meeting, attendees are welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:44 pm 

Quote:
As an interesting aside, (and please forgive my inattention of late) but just how big is the following for LotR nowadays? Truth be told, I am well invested in many noble wargaming rules sets, LotR is not among them.
Offhand, I can think of the following people who would likely show up to LotR GPdA:

Myself (David Ker, and I guarantee I will be there unless I'm throwing up or in hospital, neither of which is likely)
Matt Aird
Mike Aird
Spiv (determined to get Lord of War)
drsn0 (currently claiming he will)
Tom "Wolflord" (was there last year, and won Lord of War)
Nick Brookes
Kurgan
Mark Kester
Steve "Onyx"
Mark Shave

Sorry if I don't know names, or messed some up. I'm hopeless with names.

There are a couple of others who would probably come as well, and I might be able to convince one or two others to come if they get the time. That should give fifteen people or so, which strikes me as reasonable, all things considered.

One little note: don't go and make it WotR, as the model count needed for a decent sized game of that can be a bit prohibitive. Basically, everyone who can play WotR can play LotR, but not vice versa. Yes, my reasoning is completely objective, and has nothing to do with the crazy 1000 points LotR list I came up with during a boring physics lecture.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:48 pm 

Well, thats excellent! Sounds like a decent number to me thats for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:57 pm 

Quick update:

Warmaster of The Gamers' Guild

Commander of the Legions

General of the Armies

Lord of the Horde

Hymn - Tournament Overlord - GPDA-X

In other news, we have opened negotiation with Malignant about getting Guild into the Westgamer scene, Malignant visited and I can safely say that the Committee was impressed. More on that soon.

Last edited by ImperialEagle on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:04 pm 

Newsflash - I will also be making an appearance at Outpost North next Monday night, playing Brunificus and the Burial Mound Ravens for Round 7 of Spike! BRAWL Season 7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:17 pm 

Quote:
Quick update:
Warmaster of The Gamers' Guild
Commander of the Legions
General of the Armies
Lord of the Hoard

Hymn - Tournament Overlord - GPDA-X
Yo.

On another note I prefer Horde. I don't save enough to be considered for hoarding.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:57 pm 

Any chance we could get a confirmation of the points values so we have plenty of time to prepare armies?

Kind Regards.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:00 pm 

This is being decided in the meeting this Saturday.

Also to be decided is what additional rules outside the core system is to be used (i.e. Armageddon)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:01 pm 

Interesting. Will await the decision with baited breath. Your decision on rules outside the norm will decide my attendance to GPdA.