[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Background for an allied list.... - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:44 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:32 pm 

I hate doing the saturday afternoon shifts at work - the graveyard shift is even worse - but it does give me the opportunity to spend a little time on things like this and get paid while doing it.

Though after this somewhat longish stint, it won't be much before I tie off the end off the story. I do appologise it won't be as climatic as I would like.

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

As the seraphim gave their help on the Black Templars front line, supporting the flagging units with extra fire power, using their jump packs to jump quickly to where their help was needed at short notice, Ryhan organized a large area towards the rear of the alcove they were in. The area was cleared of the dead and those whose injuries were in the state that some aid was required to get them back onto their feet, also of any detritus like fallen branches – even one large tree was ripped from the ground leaving only its roots exposed to the sudden light. Ryhan then hailed Katherine to bring over the homer she carried. She laid on the ground close to the center of the area and then established a link to the ship orbiting far above her head, “My lord Grand Master, the teleport homer is in place and ready.â€

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:08 am 

Grey Knights and Black Templars knowingly fighting along side each other 0_o?.......well that just wont do now will it! lol still a good read though, apart from that. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:34 pm 

The way I (& probably Bandiceet) see it, Though the Grey Knights are psykers, they are some of the most pure of all Marines, every part of their training serving to protect them from the impurities of Chaos.

Nice work on the story. Will this be the end, or is there a little bit more to come?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:16 am 

There is a bit more to come, it is still very much a work in progress at the moment though.

Cheers for your thoughts.

Hexdedimally yours,
Bandiceet

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:21 pm 

Ya just read somewhere in the BT codex that they will infact ally with Grey Knights but no other army with a psyker in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:22 am 

Many people are actually surprised about that, Devz. Many times have I had to reach for the codex for support.....

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:05 pm 

This may be the last part of this story, pending on how well you all receive it, and on if I can think of more to add, though I do some vague thinking proccesses in the back of my cranium.

Hexidecimally yours,
bandiceet.

Several hours passed before Marshal Ryhan used a shuttle to travel across to the ship orbiting not far from his own. He and his command squad was met in the docking bay by both Hugh and Amanda. “Marshal, welcome aboard. I hope you have had a chance to remember those who did not make it back.â€

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:13 pm 

Does this mean they might have to investigate? Sounds interesting.

Once again, not bad at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:37 pm 

It has been roughly 6 weeks since I touched this at all. I thought I would blow the dust off it and see how it goes, and how plausible I can keep it. The list I recently posted (Under the title of "Claustrophobic Fighting) is tied up with where I am heading with this.

A short continuation here, to be added on to, pending on advice/critisisms I get from the list I posted.

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

The three pondered this for a few moments. After refilling his glass three more times, Ryhan said, with a gaze on his face stating that the idea had not quite fully formed in his mind, “Canoness, you made mention that you have had experience in civil uprisings before, so I think it may be better if you lead this next expedition. I also think that it may involve a lot more close quarter combat, which I think your sisters may be better suited for.â€

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:58 pm 

[quote="Bandiceet"]It has been roughly 6 weeks since I touched this at all. I thought I would blow the dust off it and see how it goes, and how plausible I can keep it. The list I recently posted (Under the title of "Claustrophobic Fighting) is tied up with where I am heading with this.

A short continuation here, to be added on to, pending on advice/critisisms I get from the list I posted.

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

The three pondered this for a few moments. After refilling his glass three more times, Ryhan said, with a gaze on his face stating that the idea had not quite fully formed in his mind, “Canoness, you made mention that you have had experience in civil uprisings before, so I think it may be better if you lead this next expedition. I also think that it may involve a lot more close quarter combat, which I think your sisters may be better suited for.â€

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:27 pm 

To Mr. M and Mr. A,
I am aware that I am double posting here, but to make sure I don't make a single huge post, I am not editing my lost post. To make it easier to read, if nothing else.

To the other Perusers of this fine forum,
After deciding not to go with the busted Rhino idea in my post, I stole the idea from Thorhorseman took the inspiration given to me from Thorhorseman in not using the Rhino as a battering ram, and decided to do something else, hence the change in re-writing some of the previous fluff. I have changed this part, which is more or less where I got to when I asked the question concerning the Rhino. Pretty much after this stage some action takes place, this is why I am stopping here at this current point in time.

Right, enough of my rambling and blowing my own horn putting off the inevitable

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:18 am 

Long time no activity. Interesting to see this active again.

Well, now we know what the Busted Rhinos topic was about. Nice thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:37 am 

Right, now for the next part. The Rhino question was my idea on how to get into the compound, but as you will read, I decided to deep-strike instead. Yay, for jump pack units.....

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet.

For the second time in significantly less than 20 hours, soldiers were being led through pre-battle prayers, again soldiers were preparing themselves for battle. For those such as the two units of Seraphim, the battle will be short, and the plans clear and concise, they knew what to do, where to go. Though for the others, it will be longer, the enemy un-known, no-one could hazard a guess how long this would last. All they knew was that it will be close quarter fighting, maybe very little use for projectile weapons, most of it will be hand-to-hand.
Close quarter fighting with in a building is confusing and even the highly drilled and disciplined fighters such as the Adepta Sororitas and the Grey knights some times make errors as the rage of battle surge about them. Only fire weapons when the foe was not close enough to touch. Then use personal close combat weapons, fists if all else fails. The Canoness made the brave (or stupid, depending on ones point of view) decision to take plenty of sisters drilled in the use of flamers.
Again, battle hymns soared through the passage ways of the battle cruiser as those who fighting prepared themselves for what is to come. As many sisters sang their hymns by rote, they pondered on the fact that there were two units of Terminators readying for battle near them. One unit in the highly burnished silver of the Grey Knits, the other Terminators in the velvety black of the Black Templars. Though the Terminators were readying themselves to Deep-strike to the surface rather than joining the Sisters within the confining spaces of the Thunder-Hawks, this added to the concern of some.
Soon, the call came for the sisters to board the Thunder-Hawks, in an orderly fashion the Sisters climbed aboard, with the angelic Seraphim climbing aboard last, one unit in each of the transport ships.
The Canoness dreaded this moment. This was her greatest shame, her very humiliation. Every time she entered any vessel that is used to re-enter the atmosphere she could feel herself wanting to curl up and blubber like a new born child. She had to be strong, she could not show such a weakness in front of her command. She mustered herself and entered the hold of the waiting vessel. She could feel herself already wanting the throw up and be sick at the mere thought of the dive to the surface. She heroically swallowed her fear and nodded and offered words of encouragement here or there. Then there came the count down that Amanda so very much loathed.

Amanda shouted commands to those around her. Bringing those units with her as close as she dared to the front gates so that no-one would be seen from the compound. The command was split in two, over a large road cleared through the thick trees a hundred meters from the front gate. The road is a blessing and a curse. The curse was that it funneled her command into a small group, which then is an easy target, but it was a blessing in that it would provided an unimpeded surface to the gate. She voxed to the two units of Seraphim, “Report.â€

Oi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:06 am 

To be fearless is foolish, for you do not realise the danger you are in. To be Brave how ever, means that despite your fear, you fight on.

Nice work again. Keep it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:01 pm 

".....True courage is the ability to throw fear out of focus just long enough to get the job done"
-- Tom Holt, "Snow White and the seven Samurai"

Well, this is going to be it for some time. Or at least until I can think of some thing.

Hexidecimally yours,
Bandiceet.

The Canoness approached the gate as the last few pieces of rubbish were being thrown clear. She returned the salute of the terminators and then turned her attention to what is happening. Amanda was glad and proud that this all happened as well as it could, not a single of her command had been called to the Blessed Light of the Golden Throne. As those with her went to support the three fighting units, she called out for a report. The only unfortunate news was that two of the Seraphim had suffered from a broken arm each, though they still fought on with un-wavering duty. Soon they will be sent back to the orbiting ships to have their bones mended.
Then a common channel Vox was sent out, “Clear the bunker!â€

Oi!