[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
New Chapter- Shadow Templars- Story - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:41 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:47 am 

Three Genestealers lunged themselves toward Chaplain Claudius. One was felled by his bolt pistol, and Chaplain Claudius killed another with its own momentum on his Crozius Arcanum. He dodged the third’s claws, and with a holy cry slew it. “We’re being overrunâ€

AWESOMENESS AWESOMENESS AWESOMENESS AWESOMENESS ORANGE

Last edited by MikeStMonkalot on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:58 am 

Sound goods, I think that tyranids employ organis drop pods instead of ships but sounds great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:09 am 

I thought they had big fleet things, i.e. Hive Fleet, and then they use teleporting and goey Drop Pods and stuff like that to get to the planet. But, then again, all I know about tyranids is what I read in the 5th ed rulebooks background section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:43 am 

I think thats a really good introduction to the background of your Shadow Templar custom chapter. It reads like the blurb of a 40K novel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:16 am 

That's really good Mike :D Probably better then what i could do :lol:

If your wanting a brief overview (like 280 pages) of a Tyranid invasion and getting extra ideas try read 'warriors of ultramar'. By far my favourite 40k novel so far and it covers how the tyranids attack the planets surface over time. It also features a counter attack led by some sick ass rhino surfing by Uriel and a deathwatch team on the whole Tyranid horde!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:33 pm 

Quote:
And so it was that the largest splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Kraken was purged, just before it descended upon the vital forgeworld Asidophilus. It would be held in as high esteem as such battles as The Assault on Black Reach, but the Shadow Templars remain in secrecy, and the battle was won so fast and with so few causalities or repercussions that no one but the Shadow Templars even knew of the Splinter Fleet.

Even the Shadow Templars hardly even noticed it because Chaplain Claudius’ heroic sacrifice reduced their causalities by the hundreds, or maybe even thousands.

Unfortunately, this small Chapter was derived from loyalists from chapters that have strayed into the demonic lures and hellish flames of Chaos. As such, they have been led by Chaplain Claudius for as long as they’ve had a leader, to purge any chaotic infestations at their merest hint.

Thus, in the dark and nightmarish future of the 41st Millennium, it is up to the Shadow Templars to silence the petty squabbles of rivalling Chapters and permanently smite the Green Tide.
So are there thousands of Shadow Templars or is this a small chapter?

Not sure they can do both here?

A few other little inconsistancies with canon but it is your story. Shadow Templars is a good name! Keep it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:26 pm 

Thanks for the Comments, criticisms and compliments.

Thanks DJ Codex, hadn't noticed that. Its because I know all these things in my head but I forget to write 'em down.
Quote:
Shadow Templars is a good name! Keep it up.
Yeah, when I first got the Battle for Macragge, 'bout 1/2 a year ago, I thought of the colour scheme. When I got the Space Marine Codex, a bit later, I realized they were like the Black Templars, so I called 'em Dark Templars. But I think Shadow Templars is better now.

I'll edit the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:48 pm 

wow mike that is very cool i like the intro off it and have you decided which founding chapter there from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:36 pm 

nice store mate

fluff wise nids do have a fleet of sorts but it more a transport system for bio mass that they havest from planets. Once the nid invasion is over all nids on planet are broken down to bio mass as well as every think else on the planet leaving a dead planet will almost no organice mater left.

the hive fleet also works works like a psyk conduit that blocks all imperial coms this can be the first sign ove invasion. so far the most relyable tactic has been to lower the fleet into a full scall invasion and proform exterminartice on the planet this can greatly depleat there bio mas as there is nothing left on the planet. the only problem is that this kills the planet there is stores in the nid codex if you wont more

on a side note its the job of the inquisition to monitor all branches of imperial organisation this is the same for marines (they just real good at hideing things) and Ordo malluse are the first and best line of defence against demonds

hope this will help

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable